At Team Fitness Guru, our workouts that we prescribe to our clients are based on research based guidelines for a safe, effeective and efficient strength training protocol, which are provided by the fitness authority – the American College of Sports Medicine.
Here’s some strength training recommendations that they made,
- 8 to 10 exercises for major muscles
- 1 set of each exercise
- 8 to 12 repetitions per set of exercises
- 2 or 3 nonconsecutive training days per week
- Full range of movements (pain free)
- Moderate speed movements (about 6 seconds per repetition)
Resource: ACSM ,1995
If you have any enquiries with regards to the above, feel free to enter them in the comment below and we’ll try to answer them when we’re on our break from training our clients 😉
Enjoy your workout!