Here’s some quick tips on how to lose weight by Hubert, a Fitness Bootcamp trainer from Team Fitness Guru.
1. To lose 10 Kg of body fat in 3 months, you need to eat 100 -200 calories less per day. Cutting too many calories from your daily intake will sap your energy level and increase your hunger, this you make you want to eat more.
2. Don’t skip breakfast. Eat within two hours of waking.
3. In fact, eat more breakfast than you think you should. Trade in some of your dinner calories for more calories at breakfast.
4. Don’t allow yourself to get hungry. Eat at least every four hours, and split a meal in half to make sure you properly fuel up pre- and post exercise. For example, eat part of your breakfast before your morning exercise (a banana) and the rest of your breakfast afterward (a breads with peanut butter).
5. Eat at least three kinds of food each meal from these four categories: breads, cereals, and grains; fruits and vegetables; low-fat dairy and soy; and lean meats, fish, and nuts. Breads, cereals, and grains should be the foundation of each meal, with protein as an accompaniment.
6. Shoot for a gradual loss of body fat. You’re more likely to put the weight back on (and more) if you drop weight too quickly.
7. Liquid calories add up fast and can lead to weight gain. Minimize the amount of sodas, juices, store-bought smoothies, sports drinks, coffee drinks, and alcohol you consume.
8. Eat closer to the earth, enjoying fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Minimize the amount of processed foods you eat; they tend to offer less fiber and are less satiating.
9. If you can’t resist fast food, ask for nutritional information before you make your choices. Avoid any menu items with the words “fried,” “crispy,” and “special sauce,” which are guaranteed to be high calorie.
10. Remember that the calories in the energy bars, sports drinks, and gels you consume during a exercise, consume them only as needed.
Fitness Bootcamp Trainer