LOSE TO WIN 2 Workplace Challenge
Week 1 : LEARNING MODE
Lose To Win! Woosh!
Thank you for making the decision to get fit and lose weight via this wonderful programme by the Health Promotion Board. You’ll find that in the next three months, you’d be fitter, stronger and posess more energy than you’ve ever had 🙂
On behalf of all your fitness coaches here at Team Fitness Guru, I’d like to say that it was nice knowing each and everyone of you. The enthusiasm you showed was amazing.
For those of you who are so excited to share your thoughts and do your online homework, you can start doing so first now, and check back again for more information later.
Work efficiently and effectively for success.
We made a lot of good friends from last year’s LTW1. Team Fitness Guru is honoured to assist them in your weight loss journey. And now, one year later, we’re here for the LTW2 participants (yes thats you!) with new and improved workouts and exercise prescription.
Well many others have and they’ve seen results – 12 kilos in 12 weeks? Really, thats easy – but requires work and determination. TFG’s long term goal is to get all of you to love fitness and have a high exercise adherence beyond 2010. (Yes some of last year’s LTW participants will be doing half/full marathon end of this year – I’ll introduce you to one of them soon).
Follow our guidance and instructions – we’re confident you’ll be on your way to SUCCESS. Need reassurance? Enjoy watching our clients’ testimonials here
Safety Rules to Follow
- If you are not feeling well or have flu like symptoms, you are not to allowed to join in the exercise sessions
- You are to free to choose if you want to workout or stop working out with TFG’s Fitness coaches at any time
- You are free to choose which (1) exercises or (2) intensities you want to do. Should you feel it is too hard or unable to do so, you can choose to not to do the exercise.
- If you need to see a medic, please inform your fitness coach and buddy first.
Lose to Win 1 Best cadet (Male), Subramaniam Raghuraman (Right), from Eutech Instruments
In 3 months, Reduced by 9kgs, from 72.6kg (BMI 28), now BMI 24.6. Lost 4 inches off waist and 11% body fat.
Lose to Win 1 Best cadet (Female), Ashirdahwani Asmawi (Left), from Tan Tock Seng Hospital
In 3 months, reduced weight by 13.2kg, from 96.6kg (BMI) 28.7 to 83.4kg (BMI 23.4)
A few more numbers for you
- Khairul lost 7kgs in 3 weeks
- Yuen-En Chong lost 8kgs after 6 weeks
- John Hoe – Weight drops from 153.6kg to 143.1 kg (10kgs) after 6 weeks
- Chris – Lost 11kgs in 6 weeks
If they can do it, I’m pretty sure you can too.
For everyone: Learning Mode
The first 2 weeks are strictly on ‘learning mode’. Do not work too hard and force yourself. The goals for this week are to get to know each other and learn the basic exercises.
Your Offline ‘Homework’
As mentioned during bootcamp this week – you have to know this very basic principle and equation to losing fat and weight
Weight loss = Caloric Intake < Caloric Expenditure
What do you have to do now?
- Increase your caloric expenditure – Aim for 150 minutes of exercise per week. Climb 5 Storey of stairs by end of week.
- Lower your caloric intake – Eat, but eat lesser. Do not eat to the point that you’re full. Lower your food intake this and next week by 10%.
Your Online ‘Homework’
For any kind of intervention that is related to fitness, there are always the physical and mental angles that we should work on.
For this week, I need you to fill up the bottom portion of this blog post (Speak Your Mind Tell us what you’re thinking)
Here’s some guidelines :
For Both (1) Workplace challenge bootcampers and (2) Community challenge GXers
First of all, please introduce yourself – and from which team you’re from (eg: Team A bootcamp, Pasir Ris CC GXers)
A) What are your fitness goal?
B) What are the reasons why you want to achieve your goals?
C) How do you intend to achieve it?
D) Write what you feel about your Fitness coaches and teammates.
(E) Whenever you complete a physical activity of at least 10 minutes, TELL US HERE! 🙂 Just come back and keep adding to the comments. Inspire us!
Oh by the way, add me on Facebook, will you? 😉 http://Facebook.com/singaporepersonaltrainer