- Breathing – Remember to EXhale when you EXert (positive phase) and Inhale on the negative phase.
- Range of motion (ROM)– Ensure that you complete full ROM to fully lengthen your muscles.
- Progression – Start slow , but move forwards – increase the number of repetitions & intensity accordingly as you get fitter.
- Specificity – If you’re focusing to tone up your chest, do chest exercises, not leg presses. Do compound exercises to save time and get your results fast.
- Overload – If you stress your body through lifting a weight that the body is ‘unfamiliar’ to lifting, there will be physiologic changes in your body such that it will be able to handle that stress the next time it occurs. This improves performance and makes you fitter.
- Form – Keep your body in ‘neutral’ position – don’t tense up the muscles that you’re not targetting. Ensure that your neck and lower back is not strained when doing the exercises
Copyright Sharm (Hisham Musa), TeamFitnessGuru.com™ 2009
Email: email@example.com Mobile: 91090995